It happened on the last weekend of May. We were busy sprucing up our nest for summer. That means...never ending spring cleaning both inside and outside of the house plus weekend projects to finish. High up in my hubby's list are installing white picket fence in our frontyard and building a bigger deck in our backyard. He was supposed to finish it at the end of May but the weather wasn't cooperating with his agenda.
So when the sun decided to shine, hubby was anxious to get things moving. The whole of Saturday, he worked non-stop constructing the fence from scratch, while I was busy cleaning the house with not much success because how can you clean when you have a small tornado beside you all the time.
Sunday came and Mr.Sun was still in the mood to show his face. As we were getting ready to meet my PILs for the usual brunch, hubby told me what he planned to do the rest of the day (finishing the fence). As always, I didn't listen. :-)
During brunch, MIL asked me what we will be doing after. I replied back I want to go to St.Joseph-du-lac, a nearby town famed for its apple orchards to take some pictures.
Hubby was incredulous when he heard it. 'WHAT!!! you know I have plenty of things to do today. I'm not going to drive you around.' he protested.
MIL and I just looked at each other knowing that even if he howls with protest, hubby will do what I say. :-) How can he says no, the day was too beautiful to spend at home. Besides, I really want pictures for my scrapbooks.
So off we went to St-Joseph-du-lac...hubby dejectedly chauffeuring the bumbum of two happy campers, moi and bebe S. We stopped at one orchard and soon after, I was happily clicking my SLR camera. Hubby, already pacified with my enthusiasm even offered to take some pictures of me and bebe S. He even told me proudly that he took some good shots.
We drove further and stopped here. A beautiful orchard with small playground for kids and nice boutique. So I merrily clicked again, urging hubby to pose with bebe S amidst the beauty of blossoming apple trees.
Before long the clouds started to gather and an ominous thunderstorm was on the offing so hubby hurriedly asked me to finish the photo shoot.....then figuratively, lightning strike!!!.....I suddenly realized that all the time we were clicking the camera...there was no film inside! DUH!!!!!! Ay, Sus Maria! So all our posturings in front of it was a waste.
Thunder rolled when I told hubby about it. To say that he was furious was an understatement. He was livid with frustrations and annoyance. While I was laughing so hard with my stupidity, he was beyond himself with exasperation. Of course, I wouldn't want to leave until we redo our photo shoot. With snarling hubby and almost cranky bebe, we resumed taking pictures around the orchard. This time, with film inside the camera. :-)
Just like a thunderstorm, hubby's fury didn't last long. Pa'no di mawawala...panay kulit ko...'give me a smile, hon!' like a seasoned paparazzi.
In the end, I got nice pictures and funny memory to boot. And yes, our marriage is still happily intact in spite of my 'kagagahan'....;-)

