Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Brewing Affair

He perks me up every morning but gives me sleepless nights. He warms me up during cold days and cools me when it's hot. He gives me variety when life is a blah, invigorates me when my energy is low. He makes my bones weak as well as my nerves jitter.

For years, I've been avoiding his presence knowing that he will never be good for my well-being. But then his robust appeal can no longer be ignored. An innocent foray one Sunday morning in a breakfast resto led me to crave his existence in my daily life.

Nope, I'm not talking about my hubby nor another man. I'm talking about my brewing addiction with Mr. Java. I tried to stop many times but his effect is already deeply rooted in my body that without his stimulant I cannot function well. Someday, I will really stop, but for now I will let myself drink in the savor and aroma of java up to the last drop.