Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Random Beats

The postman never rings....
We live in a residential area where all mailboxes are located in one central spot. This saves the postman time in delivering mails. No door-to-door delivery. So everyday, either I or hubby walks several houses to access our mailbox. It's never a hassle during summer where I can just run from the house to the mailbox wearing only shorts and top. Come winter is another matter. For a ten-minute foray to get the mail, I have to don my winter coat, boots, ski pants, gloves, scarf and toque. The trouble is worth it if I see a package, magazines in our box....but if it's only junk mail or bills.....winter be damned...

Bahala na ang Diyos
A company cheated us of few hundreds of dollars. Hubby was fuming mad and ready to sue. I, on the other hand, just charged it to experience and left everything to God. Makakarma din sila....hmmmp...!

One of those kind...
Hubby's friend who recently became a father for the second time rang us up. I took the call because hubby was away. He asked how's everything and I launched my litany of praises about bebe S's progress. For the duration of the call, I never asked how they're doing and inquire about their new baby. It was only when I hung up that I realized I became those annoying moms who can't stop bragging about their kids.....mon Dieu!

A taste from home...
I still have to find a filipino store in downtown Montreal which is a good 45-minute drive from our abode. Only when we go to Toronto that I can buy Filipino food stuff. Imagine my surprise while shopping at Costco, a huge warehouse store near our place, I saw cases of canned mango juice from the Philippines. Of course, we didn't leave the store without buying a case. Ahhh...sipping the sweet nectar brings memories from home when Papa used to bring jugs of mango juice from Cebu as 'pasalubong'.

A workhorse till the end..
I have three projects to finish at work before the end of the year. And that doesn't include the daily activities that I do. No choice but to work my butt off till holidays come. I need a SPAAAAA vacation! :-(